Finding the perfect space – with Gavin from propertyshooting.com
At Search Office Space, we see many businesses passing through our doors in search of the perfect space for their venture. Whether they need a desk or two for a start-up or a fully serviced office for a full team move, we always help them find a selection of properties that fit the bill.
We caught up with Gavin Alexander, one of the founders of propertyshooting.com to find out how he dealt with the process of organising both a new company and a new space.
Propertyshooting.com creates custom film to help market properties, a more modern marketing tool to photography, and the website shows an impressive portfolio of their work so far.
Gavin told us, “Statistic all show that more and more people are engaging with film clips everyday via mobile devices and tablets. Standard photography for sales and letting of property will soon be joined by beautifully shot film. We have huge plans to roll out our service nationally within the next two years. We aim to be proactive in starting the long awaited move from photography of real estate to a cinematic film experience.
“When looking for a space for propertyshooting.com, it was a significant factor that we needed to be in a central London location so we had ease of access to the locations we film, but could also attract staff from the Greater London area. It needed to be close to major train stations but also outside the congestion charging zone for our staff who drive in. After that, it was about cost and finding the right environment for our team.
“Our original office base was in North West London and we wanted to move more central. Search Office Space made it really easy for us, listening to our needs and narrowed down the choices to spaces they knew we’d like, and they were right. We now have a West End home that will serve us well and, more importantly, we also have the capacity to grow without restriction as demand increases for our business."
The best part of working in this industry is seeing the businesses that we helped start off, when they have developed and expanded. To help anyone who wants to set up a new business, we have put together a helpful tick list of things to consider:
- Close proximity to transportation links – for your team, for your clients, for getting quickly to meetings and for getting away on Fridays!
- Perks to the business centres – sometimes they offer social events for enterprises in the building and, if you’re in an area popular for a particular sector, it is a great way to build contacts.
- Location –different addresses hold a reputation of austerity or a link to a particular sector – find the right address for you.
- Meeting rooms – if you work with a lot of clients, it is worth looking for a space which either has its own meeting space or has a shared one for you to use. It will save you having to always visit your clients or from meeting in a coffee shop.
- Type of office space – do you need a short lease? Does the space have more space in case you grow? Do you need a serviced office with furniture and desktops included? Or maybe just a hot desking set up if you usually work from home?
If you need any help located an office space, give our sales team a call now on 0800 740 8080 or enter your details online for a call back. We’re here to help and we can’t wait to see your journey.